Thursday, August 23, 2012

Friends

Axie has been participating in a little playgroup for the last few weeks. It's a group of 4 moms, and we take turns hosting the kids for a few hours. It's been really fun for Axie; she gets excited about seeing her friends. When the boys are back in school, it will also be nice for me to have a morning with just Emily.

Here are a few photos from the most recent playgroup. This is Axie and her friend, Westly. I think they're pretty cute. Westly is also learning Spanish from his mom and dad (home language).




In other news, I am in week 4 of my couch-to-5k training. I run 3x a week, but I'm also doing strength training at the YMCA. I'm excited for the weather to start cooling so I can run outside more.

The boys are going back to school next week. We met their teachers last night. Ethan is happy that he knows 7 kids in his class already. Scott didn't know any of his classmates, but his teacher seems nice. We are hoping that this classroom is a better fit for Scott, although Mr. M expressed the feeling that he is a square peg in a round hole. We will see how things go for him.

My violin studio is coming together nicely for the fall. We start the day after Labor Day. Most of my students are coming back, and I'm picking up a few new ones. I've been enjoying my weddings gigs and am hosting my own "play" time this afternoon with two new violin and cello friends. Starting to gear up for the Messiah the first weekend of December. I'm in charge of the prelude music, and I'm organizing a violin choir of children and youth to play two part versions of O Come Little Children and Silent Night. Good times!

2 comments:

Ben said...

Non-specific yay!

Shaun R. said...

Seriously, every photo I see of a niece and nephew makes me want to quit my job and move to Texas.