Thursday, January 28, 2010

Inquiring minds want to know


I stepped out of the apartment for a few minutes this evening to show our vacancies to a nice couple who stopped by. As usual, I took our phone handset with me and told the boys to page me if they needed anything. After a few minutes, I got paged, so I hurried back to the apartment.

As I opened the front door, Scott greeted me with this urgent question: "Do you think the bug is just energy after it's in the Venus flytrap?"

Huh? What bug? Where? Oh. This is a glimpse into the mind of my son, the burning curiosity which compels him to page me so I will return instantly to answer his question. Wow. Were you ever this thirsty for knowledge? I don't think I was.

2 comments:

Grandpa D said...

I remember Scott's Dad asking, at about the same age, "How many times does a fly flap his wings in a minute?"

He didn't page us, however. We didn't have a phone at the time.

Chou said...

Yes, the answer is essentially yes. :)