Ethan with other kids at the concert.
One of his songs:
Scott was Scott. His class sang "My Country ' tis of thee", but he said he was allergic to the song and refused to sing. (Looks like we will have to have a family home evening on citizenship and patriotism). Strangely he is not allergic to it when he sings it by himself in his bedroom. I guess he doesn't perform on demand. It didn't matter too much because it was too crowded to see him. We were stuck at the waaaaaaay back. I snuck up to the front and got this great shot of the back of the head.
(Just left of the kid in the red shirt). If you could see him from the front he had an American flag sweater on. Given the crowded conditions that was as good as I was going to get.
Moving on... or actually moving back in time.
Ethan got to play the part of the innkeeper at our Christmas pageant at church. He got to be the good one... or at least the not so bad one. He let Mary and Joseph stay in the stable.

Apparently innkeeper fashion at the time was to wear turtlenecks on your head with a broach, neckties for belts and oversized shirts. Ethan was a litle nervous when it was time to say his lines, but I was pretty happy that he had his lines memorized.
As you probably have gathered, Scott doesn't perform in public. He turned down the part of playing Mary and Joseph's donkey. In lieu of an actual performance, I got this video when I found him playing piano in the priesthood room.
He plays this song over and over and over at our house on the electric keyboard (thank goodness for volume buttons). To his credit he did pick the melody out on his own after watching this video (It is a spoof of this one ).
Finally, here are our Santa shots. Normally we would go to visit our favorite Santa Joe from our old ward but events conspired against us this year.

Scott actually chose to see Santa on his own. He couldn't pass up those blue candy canes. :)

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, or whatever you happen to be celebrating this year.
3 comments:
I love the piano playing. Hilarious. What great photos and video. So fun. :-)
Aren't little boys great?
And Merry Christmas to you, too!
Wow, he's really into that song :)
lots of Korean kids at that school, that's awesome :)
your boys are so fun :) I love the "fashion of the times" for innkeepers back in the day...
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment