Thursday, August 20, 2009

Daily report

Because I know you are all dying to know the details of my day...

This morning at 9 am I taught a group violin class to 3 giggly girls, ages 4-6. Crossed the street for the boys' swim lesson. Water was 79 degrees, a bit cold for my skinny guys. Even Scott was shivering at the end of his lesson. After Tyler the teacher left, I got in the pool and worked on motor boat kicks, pool jogging, and front crawl. That counts as exercise, so I get to transfer $5 to my Tahiti fund.

Made ham and cheese quesadillas for lunch, with a side of apple slices.

Cleaned out the shower in apt 21 (vacant), swept cobwebs off the balcony light there, and swept up the dead bees from the parking garage, since they bother the tenant who parks under the light and I didn't want her to call me about it again.

Killed 6 fruit flies. It's slow going to reduce a population of fruit flies one at a time, but I am determined to be rid of this infestation.

Priced airfare to Amsterdam and hotels. Mr M is going in September for a week as one last hurrah for work before he devotes himself full-time to becoming ABD (All But Dissertation).

Opened a new bank account with WaMu/Chase for 2 reasons: they'll give me $125 as soon as my direct deposit goes in and they are conveniently located.

Went to our branch library and browsed the pitiful selection. Nothing at all by Elizabeth Gaskell, only 3 Brother Cadfael books by Ellis Peters (I've read them already), nothing new by Ann Perry, and those were the only names I could remember. I did bring home a treat for me though: Sense and Sensibility, which I haven't seen in long enough that I can't remember it, except the scene at the end where Emma Thompson sobs with joy that Hugh Grant is available and calling on her.

Made dovi (chicken peanut stew) for dinner, along with rice and spinach. Read scriptures with the boys, updated Quicken, did snuggles and lullabies with the boys, browsed Facebook, cleaned up the dishes and the kitchen. Ate a small handful of chocolate chips and almonds, my lazy indulgence.

Left to do tonight: fill out my timesheet, fax in the vacancy report and change of direct deposit to the office, transfer those $5 to my Tahiti fund, tidy the living room, read scriptures, brush teeth. Mr. M just finished the Daily Swiff and our floors are clean.

General summary: life is good.

3 comments:

Julie said...

lol @ "didn't want her to call me about it again" :) when I was 7 months prego, I swept the entire UG parkade (room for 24 cars) full of leaves and junk just to avoid hearing from a certain tenant who irritated me...

sounds like you're doing fantastic!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good day :)

Nadyne said...

Hey wonderful neice of mine. I enjoy reading your blog. Soooo excited you are having a girl. Love the name. Hope all is going well for you. No baby here as of today. Jordan is not happy about being overdue.