Yesterday I took the boys to the aquarium with the pre-school. On the train ride home we met a very nice lady named Linda who gave us some literature about her faith. I didn't notice that Ethan started reading it. She seemed a bit surprised that a 5-year-old would be able to read it. I told her, "His mother was an early reader so I give her the credit. Just good genes from his mother's side.
Right Ethan?"
Ethan looked down and started tugging at his clothes.
"Actually, today I'm just wearing these shorts."
...
Scott today had an accident in his underwear so he had to change. As pulled out his tighty-whiteys he said to me, "Look! A pair of underwear! A pear is like a peach!"*
* In case you are looking for a definition of homophones.
**I was really impressed with this on two counts.
1. He recognized the homophone.
2. He recognized the relationship between items of the same class.
3 comments:
This was definitely written by my brother the linguist. Now if we can just get one of them to grasp some gerontological concepts it would be great. I'm trying. I told them a nice bed time story the other night about bob the builder remodeling the nursing home. Had I thought clearly I would have put in some elements of home modification to prevent falls. Next time.
Hilarious!
In other funny clothes related stories, Brooklyn recently commented, when asked by the woman at the post office if everything in her passport application was "true and honest to the best of her knowledge," "No! But I'm wearing a penguin on my shirt."
Post a Comment