Last night, we had the full-time missionaries over for dinner, two nice Elders from Utah. Last time they were here for dinner, Ethan happened to be in his room when they left, so he didn't say goodbye to them (although we told him they were leaving). After they left, he came out sobbing that he didn't get to say goodbye. I actually ran out our front gate and asked them to come back to avert disaster.
So last night, they came, we ate, it was pleasant, and they left. No tantrums, no crying. No particular impact was felt by the family until...
This morning, I got the boys all ready for church - white shirts, dark pants, socks and black shoes. I was in the bathroom putting on makeup when the boys appeared. They had packed their backpacks and somehow managed to get them on their backs. They announced, "We're riding our bikes to Utah. We're missionaries." It was adorable.
I am going to keep feeding those full-time missionaries!
2 comments:
I love "we're riding our bikes to Utah." Should that be a requirement?
Your boys are adorable =)
Post a Comment