It often happens that the day after a really awful day is a much better day, and such is the case today. I feel like a real mom today - even a good mom. Quick! Write that down!
This morning we had breakfast, then I had a shower, and got dressed in clean clothes (I did get 4 loads done yesterday - thank you, Elder Holland). And we headed to the park. Ethan played on the swings and the climber and the slide; I kept Scott in the shade and introduced him to the sand and tried swinging a little with him on my lap. We stayed about 45 minutes and there was no fuss about going home.
When we came home, we decided to make an alphabet book. We got out our old issues of National Geographic and Parents and looked for pictures of things starting with A. We found armor, apples, apple sauce, animals, and ants. Ethan really was having fun. He asked, "What does this start with? What does THIS start with?" probably 25 times.
We had peanut butter sandwiches for lunch with apple slices and milk. Ethan ate 2 sandwiches!!!! He tends to be my non-eater. Take dinner last night. He simply said, "I'm not hungry," and refused to eat anything, even cheddar cheese, his favorite! During lunch, Scott scooted around the floor, kindly pointing out to me all the tiny papers and other dangerous items I hadn't noticed by trying to put them in his mouth. We had Suzuki Book 1 on in the background and Ethan said, "Mom, this is MY music. Your music is lullabies." (I sing him lullabies at night while he's settling down.)
Then to ease Ethan into his quiet time (ALWAYS right after lunch), I read him 2 books. Then the gate went up, and now it's MY time.
I feel so good. Now it's time to pick up my Helaman reading and move forward. And work on writing the Primary program. The other Primary presidents in my stake were shocked and amazed that I hadn't written it yet when we talked last week. Must go.
2 comments:
I listen to that talk and "For Times of Trouble" on my Mp3 player at least a few times a week.
http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=869&tid=2
Though 25 years old, it's extremely timely. He mentions as sources of trouble "Afghanistan, Iran, terrorism, floods, elections..." Sound familiar?
I have listened to it, too, many times. It's a great talk.
Post a Comment