Sunday, August 07, 2005

Random sampler

Here's a shot of all my boys enjoying a good book together, taken at home.
Here is Scott and his mom (yes, it's me) on the bus from the parking lot to the Newport Beach temple open house. The tours were fantastically well organized and the temple is striking, especially the arched doorways made of dark, dark wood.
Here is Scott at the Hall family reunion in Enterprise, UT. That's Aunt Sandy holding him. Just try to imagine the joyous shriek coming out of his mouth and you'll have a better idea of why we affectionately call him "grackle boy".
Here is Ethan on the bus from the parking lot over to the Newport Beach temple. When I see this face in real life (as opposed to a still shot), I see a lot of Grandma Rowena in him. He was about as good as a 2 year old can be in the temple (which is not very), but as we entered the celestial room, he folded his arms and looked around. "Mom, "he whispered to me, "where's Heavenly Father?"

One funny story from Sacrament meeting today: after the prayer on the bread, I was feeling pretty optimistic because Ethan was quiet. He lasted about 10 seconds before bursting into an enthusiastic round of "I've been working on the WAILWOAD, all the livelong day!" It was the kind of moment where if it had been anyone else's child, I'd have laughed, but since I was the mom, I couldn't laugh for fear that he'd keep going. I managed to quiet him down by reading him something from the illustrated Book of Mormon stories. I heard from Michael after church that our bishop's first counselor had said to Michael, "Well, at least he's singing songs that will teach him a good work ethic."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Meah!

Tanya S. said...

I love your kids. They're so cute!