I did something today I have never done before, at least, not that I can remember. I used power tools entirely on my own.
Yesterday, I found a large magnetic whiteboard (18 x 26) at Costco for $20. It came with 6 colored magnets, 2 clippy magnets, a magnetic eraser that holds 2 markers, 2 more markers with one color on each end, a moveable tray, and mounting supplies. Having been an office-supply lover since my childhood, I was thrilled to find it.
Before I could open my purchase today, I had to do some minor furniture rearranging in the living room, involving the couch, the green chair, and the shoe shelf. "Ah! I can breathe again. There is SPACE in my living room." Teehee, Michael will have a surprise when he comes home in 2 more hours.
I had to use a screwdriver to get the plastic off the white board (have you ever heard of such a thing?!). With the mounting instructions, there was a little paper template with two bullseyes to indicate where I needed to drill. Drill? I've never drilled before. To make a long story short, I read the instructions. Putting up my whiteboard was easy and painless AND I got to wear safety glasses.
Now I must away to clean the dishes, cook dinner, scrub the bathroom, throw in the laundry, and present a complete surprise when Michael walks in the door. I even look good today because I dressed up (that means I put on mascara) to teach my violin lesson at 3 pm. Onward and upward! Triumph is mine!
5 comments:
You even put up my framed 2005 BYU football schedule right by the breakfast schedule.
you must love me a lot!
Oops. I meant breakfast table.
Hurray for achieving daily goals!
Huh... I too love office supplies. Most people think it's weird. Maybe it's genetic.
Isn't a drill empowering!? You are now initiated!
Just found your blog. I can't decide what looks yummier, your food or your kids. Both gorgeous.
Post a Comment