![]() |
| Obviously, this is not me, but it was the best image I found to capture how I feel right now. |
To bring you up to speed on some of the Moos' news, allow me to first tell you some of the things I've been doing lately:
- napping every single day for an hour or two. I'm so grateful that Elizabeth is a consistent napper.
- going to bed around 10 pm and being exhausted
- reading food blogs instead of opening my fridge
- buying anything that sounds good at the grocery store, including chicken noodle soup at the deli and eating it RIGHT THERE
- keeping lemon drops and cinnamon drops in my mouth as much as possible to deal with excess saliva
- vomiting (4x since yesterday morning is my record so far). Favorite place to do it - kitchen sink. Least favorite place to do it (and where it often happens) - shower
If you haven't figured it out yet, Elizabeth walks around patting her tummy and saying, "Baby! Baby!" And when I told Scott a few weeks ago that our baby was about the size of a blueberry, his eyes got big and he exclaimed, "MMMMM! I'm hungry for a blueberry smoothy!"
Yes, we are having a baby! Do not ask me for the official due date. I do not believe in due dates anymore. This baby will likely come sometime between the 7th and 15th of April. That is what I tell people. Sometimes I am more vague. "April-ish."
I've been doing a lot of lying around, moaning internally and wishing my house would get clean. My wonderful husband has been keeping himself and the kids alive on mac & cheese, frozen pizza, and instant mashed potatoes, frozen meatballs, and green beans.
Last night, I decided this was it. I was done being grossed out by my house, I was done lying around, and I was done feeling like a slug. This morning, I got up, ate, vomited, took the boys to school, took hubby to school, and went to the YMCA. I did my resistance workout (shoulders) and spent 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. Took my list to the grocery store, came home and unpacked, had a snack, vomited, put Elizabeth to bed, put myself to bed. Slept for an hour and showered. And now I'm dolled up and fighting back!
My plan for the rest of the day: make chicken noodle soup, get a snack ready for the boys (umbrella cheese, salami, sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes), mop the floor, throw in a load of laundry, teach one violin lesson, and work on finding the carpet in my bedroom. I'm sipping cran-raspberry juice spiked with ginger ale to keep the bubbles out of my tummy. I have 2 hours before the boys get home from school.
Every time my stomach clenches, every time I throw up, I just think, "Oh, yeah?! OH, YEAH?! You wanna piece of me?! I'm BIGGER than YOU! I'm STRONGER than YOU! You are NOT running MY life!!! So take that, nausea!"
Who's with me?
Update (the next morning): I did make the soup, get the snack ready, and teach the lesson. I also threw up one more time before bed. For today's fighting back, I already mowed the back lawn and am now attacking the disgusting kitchen. So far, no vomiting! Yay!

13 comments:
congrats, erin! you're a brave girl and that's happy news! by the way it's sure been fun having christy and ben around! they are our new favorite babysitters!
My hero. I just took 12 weeks off.
That's what happens when you work out and look hot... Congratulations (on the baby; not the barfing)!
Hooray for fighting back! You tell that nausea!
I'm so proud of you. I never fought back. I just gave in and blacked out. Daily.
What awesome news!! Hugs and love and anti nausea thoughts being sent your way! Hang in there girl.
Oh my gosh! Congratulations! I'm jealous of your daily naps! Not jealous of your daily pukes. Keep fighting back! :)
Yay! (Um, for the baby, not for the puking.) Happiest congrats!
Congratulations on the news! And may the nausea get all the beating it deserves.
Wow! what great news! another lucky little ... calf?
OH MY GOODNESS! Congrats! So happy for you! CHEERS!
great news. congratulations! we're not "with you" on the pregnancy ... yet ;) ... but i am impressed by your can-do spirit despite feeling so lousy. are you going to find out the gender?
Congratulations!! And holy inspiration. I'm going to think of you every time I look at my dishes and want to say, "Tomorrow."
P.S. I loved sipping something like Jamaican Ginger Brew. Tons of ginger. Found it at Trader Joe's. It was a life saver as I tried to get through the school day.
Post a Comment