Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Garden!

Without further ado, I present to you the beginnings of our square foot garden. El Guapo did most of the work, but he also took the pictures, which is why you see me and not him.

Our favorite little helper in her full-body sun protection.

We are all about eye protection and safety here.

I feel empowered when I use power tools.

Ta-da! Why, yes, I HAVE lost over 20 lbs and yes, those ARE new jeans;)

Coming soon, fabric anti-weed and Mel's Mix in our own raised garden bed!

6 comments:

Nick said...

It looks great! I've got a garden but we can't grow anything without sun and at least some level of warmth.

Have you had it on good authority that you need a fabric underlay? I would wonder if you couldn't just put your soil right on top so the roots could get down if they so chose.

Ben said...

Is Scott taller than Ethan?
Nice garden!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for a garden! And hooray for new jeans! And a really big hooray for losing 20 pounds!! You really do look fantastic.

Maria Babin said...

Erin, you look great! 20 pounds! wow! i would like to so disciplined! i know you've been working out but you must've dieted too! dieting is what kills me! nice garden box too!

Gina said...

You look amazing, Erin! Have fun with your garden.

Mr. M said...

@Nick - The fabric underlay is to prevent the weeds/grass under the box from coming up into the new soil we are bringing in. If there were any viable top soil in our neck of the woods, I wouldn't be doing a raised bed. Anything tough enough to grow in our existing soil is tough enough to take over our garden.

@Ben - No Scott is a bit shorter but he's standing on the patio and Ethan is not.