Friday, February 08, 2008

Politics at the grocery store

This morning in the grocery store, I was contemplating potatoes. Thinking out loud, I said to Scott, "We can have potatoes from Idaho or Washington."

"But, Mom!" he protested. "Mitt Romney says Washington is broken!"

I would have laughed if I didn't feel such a sense of loss now that Mitt has suspended his campaign. I cried watching his speech to CPAC, and I cried again reading it last night. Now comes the difficulty of finding a candidate to support. No one really appeals to me. How many others feel like this out there?

5 comments:

La belle mère said...

There's not much that can ruin a day on a cruise, but the news of Romney's campaign did the trick. I actually yelled at the TV.

Robert thinks it's because he's reached an agreement with McCain to be his VP candidate. It didn't seem too likely given their previous relationship, but as Robert pointed out, Reagan and Bush weren't the greatest of friends before they joined up on the ticket.

But in the meantime...sadness. :( I'll have to do a lot more research before I can choose to support somebody from the current field.

Chou said...

Erin, thanks for sharing. :)

Gail said...

I doubt that Mitt will be the VP. We who live in the Bible Belt know it would be a hard sell.. Read on...
http://www.ldsmag.com/ideas/080207mitt.html

Violadiva said...

I don't think we've seen the last of Mitt, but maybe we should get Scott and Ethan to be his campaign managers next time around!

TheHQforHQ said...

I agree. I'm sad about Mitt's leaving the race. Though he'd already dropped out by the time primaries came to VA, one roommate still voted for him because she'd worked so hard for him. The other I think (not sure of her last minute decision) voted Obama just to keep Hillary out. Luckily (?), there was an ice storm that day and I didn't make it home from work in time to vote. I'm really not sure what I'll do when it comes down to it. I really really don't like McCain.