From Scott, standing on the kitchen table and throwing crayons all over the living room: "I'm Mitt Romney!"
Playing tag in the courtyard, Ethan called out, "I'm it!" Scott immediately cried, "No, I'm Mitt Romney!"
From Scott, a few days later, playing with a toy train: "I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve this message!"
From Scott, answering a question from a perspective tenant who asked his name: "I'm Garfield. That's a swimming pool."
From Ethan, waxing philosophical in bed: "Mom, where do numbers end?" When I told him there was no end to numbers, he then worried how he could learn to count them all and still learn all the other things we need to learn at school.
From Ethan, same conversation in bed, in a very vehement voice: "I wish I were a grown up girl so I could have treats in Relief Society!"
UPDATE 1/25/08: The political play continues. This afternoon Scott declared, standing on the arm of our couch: "I'm Mitt Romney and I will change America! The future is in my tummy!" He paused, then said, "Watch me scuba dive!" and jumped onto the couch.
Ethan said, "If you jump, Mitt, you will change America. Watch me skydive across America!" After a lot of couch jumping, Ethan ran over to the Brita filter in the fridge. "Mitt, this is our big chance for a drink!"
Just heard from Ethan: "We are the President of the United States." (That sounds Clintonian to me.) And from Scott: "The future is in my bones."
4 comments:
NIce :)
BTW, you can probably get rid of captchas since it's a private blog now.
These are hilarious.
What's a captcha?
Hugh, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha
These are sooo funny! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment