My 2 year old is an avid BYU fan. Almost every morning when it's time to get dressed, he asks, "Mom, is my BYU shirt clean?" If it is, he then wants his BYU cap. And BYU pants. When I tell him that he doesn't have BYU pants, he gets upset.
He loves to sing. Once he brought his dad the hymnbook, opened randomly to a page, pointed, and started singing, "Rise all loyal Cougars, and hurl your challenge to the foe. You will fight, day or night, rain or ...." He didn't believe me when I told him that the Cougar fight song is not in the book. I'm sure he's just waiting for the moment in Sacrament Meeting when the congregation jumps to their feet and bursts into, "Rise and shout! The Cougars are out, along the trail to fame and glory...." I can see his thought process-- it happened with I am a child of God; so why not with the fight song?
He asks for his favorite video clip by saying, "I want to watch Caught for the Touchdown", referring to that amazing moment in last year's BYU Utah game, when Jonny Harline miraculously caught the pass and clinched the win at the very last moment of the game. He and his older 4 year old brother hide under the kitchen table and gleefully shout, "Caught for the touchdown!" over and over.
And I love it!
3 comments:
I love it. A fully invested fan.
Tradition Spirit Honor
Grandpa D
Just thought I would tell you that Grandma Dee Dee read all of your blogs the other day. She found them delightful.
She thinks maybe everyone should blog. I could post all of her surgery pictures. : )
rah, rah, rharahrah
gooooooo Cougars!!!
*bump bump bump*
Post a Comment