I really and truly do. We do not own a television, but we do have a computer and highspeed internet. (We switched to highspeed fairly recently, and I think it's safe to say we will never go back to dial-up.) BYU-TV is available online and, even better, besides being able to watch live, it is available on demand. That means that if there is a great show scheduled for 2 am, that I can watch it at whatever time I want. It also means that if if my 3 year old has to go to the bathroom during General Conference, I can pause and not miss a thing.
This morning, as we were getting ready for church, we turned on Music and the Spoken Word. I grew up listening to this piped through our house on Sunday morning, and it brings a Sabbath feeling to my heart. This particular program (Sunday, March 6) featured some of my favorite music, including Rejoice, the Lord is King, several numbers from Mendelssohn's Oratorio, and the great organ piece, the Prince of Denmark's March.
The best of all was the number right after the Spoken Word, Highland Cathedral, a Scottish number complete with bagpipers in full dress. The majesty and power of bagpipers with full orchestra and choir joining in was overwhelming.
If you have never watched BYU-TV, I urge you to check it out. I invite you to find Music and the Spoken Word from this morning and watch the whole program. If you have a pulse, this program will move you.
Open BYU-TV in internet explorer and use the red on demand button at the side to find this morning's program of Music and the Spoken Word. You will not be disappointed.
1 comment:
I've become hooked on Music and the Spoken Word. My ward starts at 10:00, and it's only about a 5-minute drive, so I watch M&TSW while I finish getting ready for church. It creates a perfect mood.
I also loved this pass Sunday's performance. The final two numbers were incredible (but I love bagpipes, so I'm easy to please when you have them involved :-).
Post a Comment